Wednesday 23 April 2014

Lancashire secure Khan for limited overs cricket.

Junaid Khan jumps for joy as Lancashire pull-off one of the great Twenty20 comebacks.
Pakistan International, Junaid Khan, has been snppaed-up by Lancashire for the Natwest T20 Blast and Royal London One-Day Cup, returning to Emirates Old Trafford after a spell with the squad in the 2011 Friends Life t20 campaign. 

The 24-year-old fast bowler has played 46 ODI's for Pakistan, claiming 74 wickets at an average of 24.37 and has earned a reputation for being a useful death bowler, as was demonstrated in his first stint at Lancashire.

During his first term at Lancashire, Khan played eight t20 matches claiming 12 wickets at an even more impressive average of 15.50. 

Khan's most memorable performance for the Lightning was against Northamptonshire Steelbacks and in this match he demonstrated everything good about his abilities as a bowler, namely, outstanding pace and a capacity to bowl yorkers at will.

Needing just a handful of runs from the final over, Khan persisted with his yorkers and was able to deny Northants victory, as Lancashire won by three runs. Khan finished with figures of 2-12 from his four overs, affording just three runs per over and it is this economical attribute which will be valued in limited over cricket.

His outstanding fast bowling became a revelation in Lancashire's t20 campaign, helping the Lightning to the semi-finals where they were beaten by the overall winners, Leicestershire Foxes.

Cricket director, Mike Watkinson said: "We are delighted to be bringing Junaid back to Lancashire following his memorable spell with us in 2011.
"He will join a well-balanced squad looking to compete in all competitions and will link up with us in time for our first NatWest T20 Blast fixtures in May.
"Following his time with us, he went on to become an established international with Pakistan and we are looking forward to him bringing that experience to Emirates Old Trafford as we aim to build on a good season in 2013."
Junaid added: "I had a really enjoyable time during my spell with Lancashire in 2011 and it was pleasing to be involved in such a successful season.
"I believe that my time there helped me grow into becoming an established international cricketer and I cannot wait to link up with my team mates at Emirates Old Trafford to hopefully have another successful campaign."

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.



    custom logo design

    ReplyDelete