Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lancashire sign Zimbabwean Jarvis.

Lancashire have strengthened their seam attack with the signing of 24-year-old Zimbabwean International Kyle Jarvis. The three-year deal is subject to registration and will see Jarvis join the Division Two leaders as a non-overseas player.

The fast bowler has made 24 one-day appearances and played in eight test matches, which can only strengthen a seam attack already comprised by names such as Glen Chapple, as the Red Rose county chase promotion to the the first division, and perhaps a place in the semi-finals of the YB40, following a five-run win over group leaders Hampshire.

Jarvis has taken 30 test wickets, including two five-wicket-hauls versus New Zealand and West Indies.


"I have loved my time playing for Zimbabwe. I am extremely grateful for the part they have played in my development, but I feel the time is right to take on a new challenge and a new career.
"Reaching this decision has been an incredibly difficult process, but I intend to make a home for myself in Manchester and hope my stay at Lancashire far outlasts this initial contract."

No comments:

Post a Comment