Monday 8 September 2014

Lancashire sign Buck from Leicestershire.

Buck joins Lancashire following the retirement of
Kyle Hogg.
Lancashire have officially announced the signing of Leicestershire fast bowler Nathan Buck.

This acquisition comes in light of the recent loss of Kyle Hogg, who was forced to retire with a back injury. Buck, 23, arrives at Old Trafford as one of the leading wicket-takers in the second division, having claimed 42 victims for Leicester in Championship cricket.

In his debut season for the Grace Road outfit, Buck enjoyed a similarly impressive campaign, claiming 49 wickets at an average of 27.34 in 2010. The young fast bowler has also represented the England Lions and the international squad at an Under-17 and Under-19 level.

Commenting on his move to Lancashire, Buck said: “I’m very proud and excited to be joining a huge club like Lancashire. I had several options on the table but as soon as I knew of Lancashire’s interest I had an easy decision to make. I met the management and was very impressed by everything they talked about.



“I want to thank Leicestershire for all they have done for me and the amazing fans there but I feel it’s time to take a step forward in my career.

“I have big ambitions to win competitions and play at a higher level. I know I can achieve these things at Emirates Old Trafford. The staff and facilities are first class and it’s a dream move for me.”

Lancashire's Director of Cricket, Mike Watkinson, believes that Buck has what it takes and said: “Nathan is performing at a good level now and has the potential to become even better. He’s been involved in the England system and is highly regarded.


“Given the sad news that we have lost Kyle Hogg, Nathan will bring in some additional quality and depth to our seam bowling unit.”

This does however mean that another highly regarded player has left Grace Road after Shiv Thakor recently signed for Derbyshire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment